Revitalization Leads to Record Sales for Husky in Idylwyld
Transforming Husky in Idylwyld, SK
Location: Idylwyld, Saskatchewan
Industry: Retail / Gas Station
A 60-year-old Husky location in rural Saskatchewan, characterized by its “Retro Petro” design, faced declining sales due to its outdated facilities and lack of a national fuel partner. The site was in dire need of a comprehensive makeover to break the cycle of diminishing returns.
Thunderchild First Nation commissioned MWA for a total overhaul of the site. Starting with a detailed assessment to define a clear direction, MWA developed a budget to restore the business’s viability. The renovation strategy included:
- Developing a merchandising plan tailored to local demographics.
- Gutting the building for essential upgrades like electrical, HVAC, and security systems.
- Remodeling the exterior for increased natural light and enhancing the fuel canopy and signage for better visibility.
- Adding a walk-in cooler, a new hot-food program, and significant leasehold improvements, including new flooring, ceiling, a manager’s office, fixtures, cash desk, updated washrooms, and fresh paint.
MWA’s comprehensive redesign and renovation led to record-breaking same-day sales, the highest in a decade. The project also achieved:
- A curated product selection.
- A modernized store appearance.
- A partnership with Husky as the national fuel brand.
- The successful acquisition of the ATR designation for White Card benefits, significantly boosting the location’s appeal and success upon its grand reopening.
It’s the little things. Adding new vendors and snack options tailored to the needs of the region means revenue growth.
New shelving and coolers and clearly marked categories provide all the convenience expected from a modern gas station.
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation Now
Book a free consultation call today to explore how we can support your business and community aspirations. There’s no commitment required—this is simply an opportunity for us to determine if our services align with your needs.